Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The No Dance School Dance School

Boston MA 3:58 AM November 21st 2009. I just woke up from an odd dream.

I was sitting across from a desk. Behind the desk was a man with a thin mustache that looked like a ladies legs spread with the toes pointed at his ears. Behind the man was an open space with wooden floor and mirrored wall with a stretching bar. Couples were doing a waltz without music. A plaque on the desk reads, “It’s not dancing if there is no music.”
“So how can I help you?” asks the man.
“I was wondering if you would like to expand your business? How about a No School School? People could show up for class then sleep through it, or if they had a test just fail it since it didn’t matter. I could be like therapy for some people.”

He gave me a blank stare. “That’s the stupidest thing I ever heard.”

-Ethan H. Minsker

No comments: