Thursday, January 7, 2016

Ghost Gun


Ghost Gun from Ethan H. Minsker on Vimeo.

This is a test for an art installation.
These guns move with the whim of a slight breeze, pointing in all directions reflecting the randomness of being targeted and killed. This is meant to be a memorial for the victims of gun violence. I have personally lost friends, and with mass murders and killings in the news looping over and over this project reflects on this subject. Each gun is meant to represent one person killed by a gun. The viewer adds the name. I will make 300 guns for the installation. In the center of the room will be a white box where the viewer can wright the name and what happened to someone they lost to a gun. I will then make a fanzine with selected text from the box. The space behind the box will have the guns hanging and I will place a mark on the floor where people can take a photo selfie and ask them to hashtag #Ghostgun.

I have no clue where I would show this.

No comments: