Sunday, August 30, 2009

Titty Feeders in Public!

Some of you might know that my wife is five months pregnant. In the course of the relationship of married/expecting parents the subject will come up: to breast feed in public or not?

I asked my wife what is the choice? And she said, "I could take the baby into the bathroom." Bathroom? So the baby would forever associate feeding with pooping? That doesn't sound good. What kind of fetish is that? The other choice: having my wife's boob out in the restaurant? Well every year at the beach, a magical wave hits my wife and exposes one of her breasts to my friends. Some of my friends have seen both of her boobs over several years. So I guess it won't matter if she breast feeds in front of them. But what about the rest of the world? Most of the world isn't so caught up with the idea that a bare nipple is something perverted. I would love it if her nipple upset some old school Puritan. I guess the question is: how would I feel if some pervert is getting off on seeing my wife's boob? It would have to be a special kind of pervert. One who likes one breast and enjoys seeing kids eating from the trough. I don't like that. The third choice: the tent. I'm not sure what this is but I can guess it's something like a tent that covers both booby and baby. So now the baby is a shameful embarrassment and needs to be hidden.

I don't have an answer. I will need to think on this. What do you think?

-Ethan Minsker

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I breastfed both of my kids for 2 1/2 years each. It's amazing how we are bombarded with sexual images of breasts on a daily basis and as soon as you breast feed a baby people act shocked. I did try to be discreet, but also refused to let my baby scream until I found a better place to go for the sake of not offending people. I have never let the general public make decisions for me...and I surely wasn't going to let them when it came to my own flesh and blood. Do what makes you feel comfortable. To hell with everyone else. I think that's a basic principle of parenting.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah

Ethan Minsker